Search the entire site
- Everyday science
- High voltage
- Power supplies
- Pulse power
- Tesla Coils
- DRSSTC design guide
- Busbar and primary circuit design for Tesla coils and inverters
- DC bus capacitor selection for Tesla coils
- IGBT selection for Tesla coils or ZCS inverters
- Online design tools for Tesla coils
- Power Factor Correction for high power inverters
- Rectifier selection for Tesla coils and inverters
- Secondary coil design and construction for Tesla coils
- Snubber capacitor selection for Tesla coils and inverters
- Tesla coil and DRSSTC frequently asked questions
- Topload design and selection for Tesla coils
- Kaizer DRSSTC I
- Kaizer DRSSTC II
- Kaizer DRSSTC III
- Kaizer DRSSTC IV
- Kaizer SGTC I
- Kaizer SSTC I
- Kaizer SSTC II
- Kaizer SSTC III
- Kaizer VTTC I
- Kaizer VTTC III
- Musical SSTC/DRSSTC interrupter
- DRSSTC design guide
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tags900 MHz Amplifier Audio calculator Capacitor CM600 DRSSTC EDGE Explosion Flyback transformer Full bridge GSM Half bridge high voltage HSPA IGBT inductance LCD mmc MOSFET Music Nokia power factor power supply primary coil Pulse power qcwdrsstc repair secondary coil SGTC Siemens Sparks SSTC Teardown Telecommunication Tesla coil transformer transistor TV Vacuum tube Variac VFD VTTC WCDMA zvs
uRADMonitor is a network connected monitoring station, focused on continuous Environmental Radiation Surveillance. This capability is delivered by a digital dosimeter constructed around the highly sensitive Geiger Muller tube SBM20U.This is a uRADMonitor that I have installed outside of my apartment in Odense, Denmark. The system is currently under development by Radu Motisan from Romania.
To read much more about this project, visit the projects development page http://www.pocketmagic.net/2013/07/global-radiation-monitoring-network/ and the official site can be visited at http://www.uradmonitor.com/
Measuring background radiation with 22 CPM, the standard deviation is 3 times the square root of the count, which makes the normal range to be between 8 to 36. There should be no cause to alarm at values under 100 CPM.
Counts per minute, 1 hour integration interval over 2 days.
Counts per minute, 4 hour integration interval over 12 days.
Calculated micro Sieverts per hour
*** Note: The dose in uSv/h is only an estimation extrapolated from the CPM readings, based on Geiger tube characteristics (SBM20U)
Technical measurements from the uRADMonitor.
Inverter duty cycle